Facebook Fast for Lent

For the next 40 days I'm not going to use Facebook. Hopefully. I was shamed into doing this even though at first I baulked at the idea. I recieved an invitation to a facebook group from my young people inviting me to do this in order to spend more time with God. There was no way I was going to do it. But as I realised I had no choice - what kind of a youthworker can't make the sacrifices the young people are making in order to achieve the sorts of things the youthworker has been harping on about for ages... As I got used to the idea however it dawned on me that this could be a really healthy thing for me to do, already I feel slightly purged and I'm looking forward to living without the weight around my neck that I might be missing something! Well, I'll hopefully post more in due course about what it teaches me, but for now watch the first (and hopefully not the last but we'll see) in my video diary of Lent 2009!! click this link to watch me talk about it!!! cos I couldn't wait for it to upload here!







There's some interesting artilcles emerging about the effects of social networking - it was even on Newsnight last night - so plenty to talk about fo rthe next 40 days! Check out THIS ONE for starters from the Guardian...

CONVERSATION

0 comments: