Mandy

-->

This poem I wrote for my beautiful wife for valentines day.

With humdrum, drumming on my teeth with fingers
I linger on the figure in my mind who sings.
I still see her elevated on the stage at night,
I still see her separated from the earth by right;
My bringer of substance through marriage rings
My angel of the north draped in white-sheet wings

I can be a monster; a bear; very often plain square
But you value, and weather, and still harbor no ill
You beguiled me, you confound me,
Your wild heart’s around me,
I feel entrapped by your good, notwithstanding all ill -
With a future you promised that profoundly calls still

Eight years stronger than the me who was younger
Rough edges chiseled smoother; because I’m your delight,
Memories resound - and you still catch my eye
I’m sure you will until the day that I die,
I know I may be quieter about the way you glow
but my heart pumps louder about you now, you know.

You’re wonder, you’re mystery; slowly unwinding,
I enjoy the path most - because you travel beside me.
You’re a beauty, a picture, ever improving,
Don’t forget that I’ll fancy you still when I’m ninety
You’re inspiring and beguiling; entrapment by smiling
I’ll cherish you forever gorgeous friend that is mine.


CONVERSATION

0 comments: