Untitled

Ok so I've come on from work and don't want to just watch tv and so browsing the bookshelf at all the great books I bought and never read!

I pick up Wild At Heart by John Eldridge (www.ransomedheart.com) I'm only in the introduction when there's already a great quote I'd like to remember or at least jot down as a means of reflecting on it... and the only thing accessible is my phone...I guess this is going to be a sort of journal adventure for my own good but in the spirit of web 2.0 and with a mind that some of this might be useful to you too I invite you along!
So join me; as I tweet/blog/recordmythoughtsongenericsocialmediasites... in an effort to try to retain more of the wisdom, inspiration and communication from God to my soul than usually falls straight back out when I read great books ;-)
For those of you that aren't male or don't mentor guys... if this goes well I'll continue with his wife's book "Captivating" which is the equivalent tome that deals with what makes women tick and all the stuff that not only women need to know about women but that really real men ought to know about women too :-) so that WILL be interesting!  But by then I'm sure everyone will be absolutely sick of me tweeting someone else's wisdom so I promise to stop!!
Let's see if I can keep it up to the end of the book!! Feel free to comment at any point! You could even grab a copy and read along with me if you like!
FROM THE INTRODUCTION:  
"...men need something else. They need a deeper understanding of why they long for adventures and battles and a Beauty- and why God made them just like that. And they need a deeper understanding of why women long to be fought for, to be swept up into adventure, and to BE the Beauty. For that is how God made them as well"

Joel
By the way I'm in the bath with a cup of tea. Just thought you should know that :-)

CONVERSATION

0 comments: